Thursday 14 June 2012

KIRSTY Q&A


Were were you scouted?
I was scouted by a Model who used to be with Profile “Lucy” she told me to get in touch with Profile as she thinks I had the right look and personality to do well there, I took her advice and feel she was right.
Favourite thing about London?
I love that I can be myself, I can rock my afro and be found kool here instead of crazy, Unlike my hometown of Cardiff, but most of all, most of all I love the 29 bus and everyone who lives in north London will be with me on that 1.
Modelling dream?
Hmmm? There are so many when you are in this job, I think love to have a chance to be in a Tom Ford campaign and I would love to book every commercial I go up for, lol.
Model you most admire?
Gisele Bündchen – she lost a model comp and is now the world’s highest paid model, need I say any more.
Describe your off duty look
I live in my American Apparel cardigans, which I have in 4 colours, so definitely one of those bad boys, with a vest and jeans.
Ideal day off:
Being realistic, my ideal day off would be a day that the cleaning products and rubber gloves come out. I’d start early so in the evening I can relax to some soul music in a hot bath of bubbles and feel accomplished.
I cant live without:
Jill Scott – if you don’t know I suggest you find her upon Youtube and listen,
My American Apparel Cardigans – also used as blankets during traveling and Music as a whole, music certainly makes the world go round.
Nickname:
Slicky, Slix, Slicksta and slickz, it’s a long story but it’s hair related.
Designer/brand I wear:
I own a few McQueen dresses, but to tell the truth I don’t really wear much designer brands as the cost is not justified in my spending allowance at present : (
Designer/brand I wish I could wear/afford:
Moschino, Mark Fast, Missoni, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Lanvin, Gucci, Emelio Pucci, Julien Macdonald, Roberto Cavalli, Mulberry, Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel, Christian Dior, YSL, Chloe, Gaultier… ALL OF IT, I WANT IT ALL!!!
Place I need to visit:
I need to visit New York & L.A, cannot believe it hasn’t happened yet, but everything happens for a reason, as I am a carnival Freak, anywhere that has a good carnival that I haven’t been to already.
My friends would describe me as:
Loud, Mothering, occasionally smothering, caring, kind, hard working, loving, considerate, Focused, Fun, Loud again, Positive and Confident as well as a keen learner.
Handbag essentials:
ipod, blusher, concealer, lip balm, mascara, pocket mirror, apple charger, tweezers, nail file, nail clippers, oyster card, I’m good if I always have these with me.
Best thing about the industry:
Every now and then you meet some really amazing and down to earth people that encourage you in very positive ways, whether it be career or things you thought were out of reach, you make some really good friends and the ones who stick are a great reflection of you as a person. Travelling is also great but ultimately learning who you are.
Worst thing about the industry:
People who do not know how to work with an afro!
If I wasn’t modelling I would
I would be working with young people still, Probably devising programmes to help them reach things they never thought they could.


No comments:

Post a Comment